Wen-Lian Hsu received a B.S. from the Department of Mathematics, National Taiwan University in 1973. He received an M.S. and a Ph.D. in operations research from Cornell University in 1978 and 1980, respectively. From 1979 to 1980, he worked as a research associate in the Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) at Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium. In 1980, he joined Northwestern University as an assistant professor and was promoted to tenured associate professor in 1986. He joined the Institute of Information Science as a research fellow in 1989.
● Intelligent Conversational Learning Assistant with Deep Natural Language Understanding. (2019)
● Congratulations to Dr. Wen-Lian Hsu and Academia Sinica team led by academician Dr. Chi-Huey Wong, who published their results AI empowered one-pot glyco-synthesis in Nature Communications. (2019)
- Hong-Jie Dai,Chen-Kai Wang,Nai-Wen Chang,Ming-Siang Huang,Jitendra Jonnagaddala, Feng-Duo Wang,Wen-Lian Hsu, Statistical principle-based approach for recognizing and normalizing microRNAs described in scientific literature,Database (Oxford), February 2019.
- Chi-Jen Chen, Neha Warikoo, Yung-Chun Chang, Jin-Hua Chen, and Wen-Lian Hsu, Medical Knowledge Infused Convolutional Neural Networks for Cohort Selection in Clinical Trials, JAMIA (Journal of American Medical Informatics Association) – Accepted (June 2019)
- Neha Warikoo, Yung-Chun Chang, and Wen-Lian Hsu, LPTK: A Linguistic Pattern-Aware Dependency Tree Kernel Approach for the Bio-Creative VI CHEMPROT Task, Database (Oxford), October 2018.
- Yu-Lun Hsieh, Minhao Cheng, Da-Cheng Juan, Wei Wei, Wen-Lian Hsu, Cho-Jui Hsieh, "On the Robustness of Self-Attentive Models," the 57th Annual Meeting of Association for Computational Linguistics, Florence, Italy, July 2019.
- Jen-Hung Wang, Tung-Shing Mamie Lih, Wai-Kok Choong, Wen-Lian Hsu, Ting-Yi Sung, "Evaluating the possibility of misinterpreting MS/MS spectra caused by isobaric substitutions: a case study on human missing proteins," 66th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, June 2018.
- Neha Warikoo, Yung-Chun Chang, Hong-Jie Dai, and Wen-Lian Hsu, "An Ensemble Neural Network Model for Benefiting Pregnancy Health Stats from Mining Social Media," The Asia Information Retrieval Societies Conference 2018, volume 11292, Springer International Publishing, January 2018.