Wen-Lian Hsu received a B.S. from the Department of Mathematics, National Taiwan University in 1973. He received an M.S. and a Ph.D. in operations research from Cornell University in 1978 and 1980, respectively. From 1979 to 1980, he worked as a research associate in the Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) at Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium. In 1980, he joined Northwestern University as an assistant professor and was promoted to tenured associate professor in 1986. He joined the Institute of Information Science as a research fellow in 1989.
● Intelligent Conversational Learning Assistant with Deep Natural Language Understanding. (2019)
● Congratulations to Dr. Wen-Lian Hsu and Academia Sinica team led by academician Dr. Chi-Huey Wong, who published their results AI empowered one-pot glyco-synthesis in Nature Communications. (2019)
- Neha Warikoo, Yung-Chun Chang, and Wen-Lian Hsu, "LBERT: Lexically-aware Transformers based Bidirectional Encoder Representation model for learning Universal Bio-Entity Relations," Bioinformatics.
- Ting-Hao Yang, Yu-Lun Hsieh, Shih-Hung Liu, Yung-Chun Chang, and Wen-Lian Hsu, "A Flexible Template Generation and Matching Method with Applications for Publication Reference Metadata Extraction," Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology.
- Hsi-Yuan Huang, Yang-Chi-Dung Lin, Jing Li, Kai-Yao Huang, Sirjana Shrestha, Hsiao-Chin Hong, Yun Tang, Yi-Gang Chen, Chen-Nan Jin, Yuan Yu, Jia-Tong Xu, Yue-Ming Li, Xiao-Xuan Cai, Zhen-Yu Zhou, Xiao-Hang Chen, Yuan-Yuan Pei, Liang Hu, Jin-Jiang Su, Shi-Dong Cui, Fei Wang, Yue-Yang Xie, Si-Yuan Ding, Meng-Fan Luo, Chih-Hung Chou, Nai-Wen Chang, Kai-Wen Chen, Yu-Hsiang Cheng, Xin-Hong Wan, Wen-Lian Hsu, Tzong-Yi Lee, Feng-Xiang Wei, Hsien-Da Huang, “miRTarBase 2020: updates to the experimentally validated microRNA–target interaction database“, Nucleic Acids Research (Oxford) , volume 48 Issue D1, Pages D148–D154, October 2019.
- Yu-Lun Hsieh, Minhao Cheng, Da-Cheng Juan, Wei Wei, Wen-Lian Hsu, Cho-Jui Hsieh, "On the Robustness of Self-Attentive Models," the 57th Annual Meeting of Association for Computational Linguistics, Florence, Italy, July 2019.[poster]
- Jen-Hung Wang, Tung-Shing Mamie Lih, Wai-Kok Choong, Wen-Lian Hsu, Ting-Yi Sung, "Evaluating the possibility of misinterpreting MS/MS spectra caused by isobaric substitutions: a case study on human missing proteins," 66th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, June 2018.
- Neha Warikoo, Yung-Chun Chang, Hong-Jie Dai, and Wen-Lian Hsu, "An Ensemble Neural Network Model for Benefiting Pregnancy Health Stats from Mining Social Media," The Asia Information Retrieval Societies Conference 2018, volume 11292, Springer International Publishing, January 2018.