Wen-Lian Hsu received a B.S. from the Department of Mathematics, National Taiwan University in 1973. He received an M.S. and a Ph.D. in operations research from Cornell University in 1978 and 1980, respectively. From 1979 to 1980, he worked as a research associate in the Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) at Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium. In 1980, he joined Northwestern University as an assistant professor and was promoted to tenured associate professor in 1986. He joined the Institute of Information Science as a research fellow in 1989.
● Intelligent Conversational Learning Assistant with Deep Natural Language Understanding. (2019)
● Congratulations to Dr. Wen-Lian Hsu and Academia Sinica team led by academician Dr. Chi-Huey Wong, who published their results AI empowered one-pot glyco-synthesis in Nature Communications. (2019)
- Hsin-Nan Lin, Wen-Lian Hsu, "MapCaller – An Integrated and Efficient Tool for Short-Read Mapping and Variant Calling Using High-Throughput Sequenced Data," Journal of Bioinformatics and Comparative Genomics 4: 1-11, May 2021
- Neha Warikoo, Yung-Chun Chang, and Wen-Lian Hsu, "LBERT: Lexically-aware Transformers based Bidirectional Encoder Representation model for learning Universal Bio-Entity Relations," Bioinformatics, April 2021.
- Ting-Hao Yang, Yu-Lun Hsieh, Shih-Hung Liu, Yung-Chun Chang, and Wen-Lian Hsu, "A Flexible Template Generation and Matching Method with Applications for Publication Reference Metadata Extraction," Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, Volume 72, Issue 1, August 2020.
- Yang, T.-H., Lu, C.-C., Hsu, W.-L., "A Preliminary Step in the Interdisciplinary Integration: Use AI to Demonstrate how to Combine History and Mathematics," 5th International Conference on Education and E-Learning (ICEEL), Tsuru University, Japan, November 5-7, 2021.
- Yang, T.-H., Lu, C.-C., Hsu, W.-L, "More than Extracting “Important” Sentences: the Application of PEGASUS," 6th International Conference on Technologies and Applications of Artificial Intelligence (TAAI), Taichung, Taiwan, November 18-21, 2021.
- Yang, T.-H., Lu, C.-C., Hsu, W.-L., "On Adjusting the Order of Teaching Units in Elementary School Mathematics Textbooks with LSA Results," 13th Asian Conference on Education (ACE), Tokyo, Japan. November 25-28, 2021.